QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE NEEDED:
- Completion of core classes within the social sciences and/or addiction fields of study.
- CDPT preferred, or demonstration that one is currently working towards obtaining their CDPT.
- Ability to demonstrate basic interviewing and counseling skills.
- Experience in working with a group of peers, able to give/receive feedback and offer support.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent MS Office and computer skills.
- Experience in using database software a plus.
- High level of attention to detail.
RECOVERY INTERN JOB DESCRIPTION:
- Provide information and referrals to incoming calls and e-mails statewide.
- Log caller data into agency database.
- Perform quality assurance surveys related to a variety of calls.
- Assist Coordinator in marketing projects.
- Attend community events that promote the Recovery Help Line.
- Research resources that are available and establish connections.
- Other mutually agreed upon tasks that facilitate ongoing learning related to current coursework and academic objectives.