- NAMI of Washington – Education, support, advocacy for individuals and families affected by mental illness.
- NIH (National Institutes of Health) – Information on health, including mental health.
- NIMA (National Institute of Mental Health) – A wealth of information on mental illness diagnoses, treatment and research.
- SAMHSA (Substance Abuse & Mental Health Services Administration) – Information on prevention and treatment for substance abuse and mental health.
- DSHS Division of Behavioral Health & Recovery – Learn more about mental health, and publically funded mental health services. Also visit Get Help Early to learn the early signs of psychosis and how to get help.
- Women’s Mental Health: What it means to you
- Should You Talk To Someone About a Drug, Alcohol, or Mental Health Problem?
- What a Difference a Friend Makes
- Feeling better: a guide to the mental health system and getting the help you need
- Browse state-authorized mental health agencies in your county
- Search for local services at Community Resources Online
For family and friends
Concerned about a family or friend who may need help for a mental illness? Not sure how to help or what resources are available? Untreated mental illness can affect everyone in the family. Many of our callers are looking for help for their friend or family member, but unsure of how to help them or what resources are available. We can listen and support you, and help you navigate the mental health services available.